Monday, January 19, 2009

Oil 101

I didn't have much time to write a lengthy one. But I think talking about oil is pretty important today. I remember my friend asking me to buy oil right now because he thinks that oil is cheap. I feel that there is a lot more into what's going on in the market and the oil story is pretty complicated.

My logic for oil is pretty simple. I always advocate on understanding the general environment (environmental analysis... whatever).

In my opinion, if no one likes oil, oil will not go up. No matter what's the fundamentals are like now. Of course, in the long run, people will begin to realise its fundamentals that's why most people like to buy and hold as long as they get the big picture right. In addition, people are ignoring the supply side in my opinion. Oil looks freaking cheap (not to me though)!!! But let's not anchored our mind on $140 a year ago. There are few things to look out for.

1. A good huge selling of oil. It will be great if oil hits $20.

2. The next time it crosses $50, it is time to buy oil. I have no doubt for this. Just that it might take some time before it crosses $50.

3. To some extent, I feel that Treasury bubble has to burst first before oil will come into play. Of course, don't forget that I'm a very faithful gold bug.

Speaking of gold, I shall talk about gold lending activites during mid week post.

1 comment:

QUALITY STOCKS UNDER FOUR DOLLARS said...

Oil still look really great going foreward.

CNBC Top News and Analysis