Saturday, January 30, 2010

iPad 2.0

I think there is enough negativity written about the iPad or the "iTampon". I will not go down the line with this post, rather, I shall highlight some idea that iPad 2.0 should work around. These ideas were raised by the team running this blog, especially our IT manager, KX.

Ideas for Ipad 2.0

1. I will let the iPad share resources/snippets across 2 iPads, between the iPad and any mac/pc computer. Simply flick the photo/stuff u wanna share to the edges of the screen and the stuff will be wirelessly transferred to the other computer. This allows it to hook up to an unlimited number of coms together. Imagine the power it can do during group research. Simply drag and drop the stuff you found online into your friend's screen. Awesome!

2. An app to hook up with wireless external CD (that comes with every purchase). Put a microsoft office CD into the drive and viola, we can install MS office as an app onto the tablet. In the same sense, every possible software that can be installed on com can be installed on iPad.

3. An app to launch windows xp. I want to run the full excel on XP, not a mac/iphone OS lousy ver. Same applies to many university modelling or educational apps. And of course games that only work on windows. And also run photoshop.

4) Flash support. No flash is really dumb.

5) Webcam + videocam. Even netbooks have webcams.

6) Multi-task.

7) Borderless screen. I hate the black bezel, what a waste of screen space. I want a true edge to edge touch screen. (Some pple say the super thick bezel is so that u can hold the iPad with your thumb without triggering the touch sensor. Isn't this supposed to be a smart device?. I am sure that the iPad can be programmed to ignore finger that is obviously holding on the device and not moving.

Interestingly... Microsoft has a secret tablet in the marking - Courier.

You can view it here.

Thumbs up for Courier

1. The two screens are amazing. That's essential I feel. When I read a book, I need to look at two pages instead of one and when I refer to a previous page, I want to see the current page that I'm on. Stylus and touch sensor is good combination.

2. Interesting thing for Courier is that you somehow can figure out the office location of your contacts. Perhaps it talks to Linked in or Facebook...? That's something interesting. The search engine is in the background and you don't need to actively search for people. Extraordinary!

It's a long time since people get excited about Microsoft. Windows 7 was great, Courier is phenomenal.

2 comments:

痛苦 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
QUALITY STOCKS UNDER FOUR DOLLARS said...

Ipad thats all we hear day in and day out time for another topic of conversation.

CNBC Top News and Analysis